UIC Sociology Alumni Group Launch, Saturday, October 28 at 3:30pm
On Saturday, October 28 UIC will celebrate the IGNITE Campaign and UIC Alumni Association Launch. UIC Sociology is excited to join in this celebration, and we think it’s a perfect opportunity to launch our UIC Sociology Alumni Group! A few alumni are helping us to put on an event on October 28, 2017 at 3:30pm in the department where you can come to learn about what we’ve been up to and how you can be more involved.
During the event, alumni will take a tour of Six Stations of Sociology set up around the department, each of which offers a brief overview of some of our newest and most exciting initiatives, including:
- Our reignited UIC Sociology Undergraduate Club
- Our alumni-supported S2B-ABD (Soon to be all but dissertation) group
- The now one-year old revamped Capstone Course
- Fascinating and important research being done by faculty
- The 30 Alumni in 30 Weeks Series
- Our new Alumni Group Steering Committee
*There will be prizes for those who can answer the challenge questions about each station first!
After our tour of the department (and some tasty refreshments!) we will head over as a group to the IGNITE Campaign & UIC Alumni Association Launch, starting at 5pm. (Please don’t forget to register separately with code UICKICKOFF by October 20 at ignite.uic.edu.)
So please come, wearing your flames gear (or navy and red), ready to:
- Learn more about UIC Sociology
- Reconnect with and meet other Sociology alumni, faculty and students
- Fill up on some tasty snacks and drinks
- Celebrate all that UIC has become since it was Circle Campus!
We can’t wait to see you later this month! Please RSVP to the IGNITE Campaign and UIC Alumni Association Launch at ignite.uic.edu by October 20 and the UIC Sociology Alumni Group gathering at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 24 to save your spots.