Undergraduate Advising for Sociology Majors and Minors
Rachele Gartland M.Ed.
Sociology Undergraduate Student Advisor
807 University Hall, in the LAS Advising Center
601 S. Morgan Street MC 162 Chicago, IL 60607
All appointments are scheduled online.
Here are some reasons to see the Undergraduate Advisor:
- When you are considering declaring a major or minor in Sociology
- As soon as you formally declare a major or minor in Sociology
- During the year before you intend to graduate from UIC
- Any other time you have questions about selecting Sociology courses or your progress in the Sociology program
Walk-in Advising Hours:
- Fall & Spring terms: walk-in’s for the first two weeks of the semester from 8:30am-11:30am & 1:00pm-4:00pm; week three until the end of the term walk-in’s are every Tuesday and by appointment for the remainder of the week.
- Summer term: by appointment only no walk-in hour are available.
Advising and Course Requirements
Who to contact and Living Sociology
Who should I contact with my questions?
Dr. Kevin Lamarr James, Director of Undergraduate Studies
For questions/concerns about your experience as a sociology major, ideas for the Sociology Club, or other general questions about student life in the sociology department, reach out to Dr. Kevin Lamarr James, Director of Undergraduate Studies and Associate Professor.
Rachele Gartland, Sociology Undergraduate Student Advisor
For specific questions about your degree requirements, course offerings in sociology, or other concerns related to your academic progress, please contact Rachele Gartland.